Fleas & Ticks & Mosquitoes Oh My!!
- Fleas reproduce rapidly - an average adult female can lay more than 40 eggs per day.
- Fleas can be brought into your yard from a variety of sources, like urban wildlife, and feral cats.
- By the time you see fleas, an infestation may already by established in the environment
- Carpets, bedding and furniture provide ideal conditions for immature fleas to develop into adults.
- Does your pet have fleas? Watch for itching, scratching, unusual amount of chewing or licking, black specks on pets skin or hair coat.
- Not all flea products are created equal. Look for complete flea control - killing flea eggs, flea larvae, and adult fleas.
- Ticks are more numerous and found in more geographic areas than ever before.
- Ticks live in wooded areas, brushy fields, and may be brought into your yard by many common carriers, like feral cats, deer, raccoons, opossums, wild turkey and coyotes.
- Ticks can spread infections from one host to the next, including humans. Diseases such as Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
Heartworm Disease (Dogs) Facts:
- Mosquitoes transmit immature heartworms from infected dogs to healthy dogs.
- Heartworms live in the heart and lungs of infected dogs.
- Left untreated, heartworm disease can be fatal to your dog.
- Treatment for heartworm disease can be expensive, difficult and unsuccessful.
- Some common signs of heartworm infection in dogs include coughing, difficulty breathing and sluggishness. However, recently infected dogs may show no signs of the disease.
Heartworm Disease (Cats) Facts:
- Cats are at risk wherever dogs are at risk.
- Even indoor cats can get heartworm disease - mosquitoes can get indoors.
- There is no approved treatment for feline heartworm disease, so prevention is key.
- Some common signs of heartworm infection in cats include coughing, vomiting, difficulty breathing, sluggishness, sudden death.
From the maker of Heartgard Plus and Frontline
Plus...Nexgard chewables now available!
Nexgard chewables (for dogs only):
- Kills fleas and ticks with the soft, beef-flavored chew dogs love!
- It kills existing fleas fast, before they can lay eggs
- It kills ticks - including the deer tick, lone star tick and american dog tick
- It stays strong all month long
- It won't wash off
- It's easy to give
Frontline Plus (for cats or dogs):
- Starts killing fleas in 4 hours
- Kills up to 100% of fleas in 12 hours
- Kills fleas and ticks* for a full month
- Kills adult fleas, eggs, larvae, and ticks
- Approved for use on puppies and kittens 8 weeks and older
- (* includes 4 kinds of ticks - deer tick, american dog tick, brown dog tick, lone star tick)
Heartgard Plus (for dogs):
- Kills any existing immature heartworms introduced to the dog by an infected mosquito over the past 30 days.
- Treats and controls the intestinal parasites roundworms and hookworms, which can infect people, too.
Heartgard (for cats):
- Kills any existing immature heartworms introduced to the cat by an infected mosquito over the past 30 days.
- Treats and controls hookworms, which can infect people, too.
Revolution (for cats or dogs):
- Kills adult fleas and flea eggs.
- Kills american dog ticks.
- Contains heartworm preventative.
- Controls and treats roundworms and ear mites.
- Approved for use on cats at least 8 weeks old, or dogs at least 6 weeks old.
Randall Oaks Animal Hospital
Nexgard chewables - buy one, get one free (per pet, one time only)
Buy 12 Heartgard Plus and either 6 Frontline Plus or 6 Nexgard chewables and receive a $50 rebate!!
Frontline Plus - buy 6, get 2 FREE
Frontline Plus - buy 3, get 1 FREE
Heartgard Plus - buy 12, get $12 REBATE
Revolution - buy 6, get 2 FREE
Revolution - buy 9, get 3 FREE