Fleas & Ticks & Mosquitoes, Oh My!!
- Fleas reproduce rapidly - an average adult female can lay more than 40 eggs per day.
- Fleas can be brought into your yard from a variety of sources, like urban wildlife, and feral cats.
- By the time you see fleas, an infestation may already by established in the environment
- Carpets, bedding and furniture provide ideal conditions for immature fleas to develop into adults.
- Does your pet have fleas? Watch for itching, scratching, unusual amount of chewing or licking, black specks on pets skin or hair coat.
- Not all flea products are created equal. Look for complete flea control - killing flea eggs, flea larvae, and adult fleas.
- Ticks are more numerous and found in more geographic areas than ever before.
- Ticks live in wooded areas, brushy fields, and may be brought into your yard by many common carriers, like feral cats, deer, raccoons, opossums, wild turkey and coyotes.
- Ticks can spread infections from one host to the next, including humans. Diseases such as Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
Heartworm Disease (Dogs) Facts:
- Mosquitoes transmit immature heartworms from infected dogs to healthy dogs.
- Heartworms live in the heart and lungs of infected dogs.
- Left untreated, heartworm disease can be fatal to your dog.
- Treatment for heartworm disease can be expensive, difficult and unsuccessful.
- Some common signs of heartworm infection in dogs include coughing, difficulty breathing and sluggishness. However, recently infected dogs may show no signs of the disease.
Heartworm Disease (Cats) Facts:
- Cats are at risk wherever dogs are at risk.
- Even indoor cats can get heartworm disease - mosquitoes can get indoors.
- There is no approved treatment for feline heartworm disease, so prevention is key.
- Some common signs of heartworm infection in cats include coughing, vomiting, difficulty breathing, sluggishness, sudden death.
Nexgard chewables (for dogs only):
- Kills fleas and ticks with the soft, beef-flavored chew dogs love!
- It kills existing fleas fast, before they can lay eggs
- It kills ticks - including the deer tick, lone star tick and american dog tick
- It stays strong all month long
- It won't wash off
- It's easy to give
Frontline Plus (for cats or dogs):
- Starts killing fleas in 4 hours
- Kills up to 100% of fleas in 12 hours
- Kills fleas and ticks* for a full month
- Kills adult fleas, eggs, larvae, and ticks
- Approved for use on puppies and kittens 8 weeks and older
- (* includes 4 kinds of ticks - deer tick, american dog tick, brown dog tick, lone star tick)
Heartgard Plus (for dogs):
- Kills any existing immature heartworms introduced to the dog by an infected mosquito over the past 30 days.
- Treats and controls the intestinal parasites roundworms and hookworms, which can infect people, too.
Heartgard (for cats):
- Kills any existing immature heartworms introduced to the cat by an infected mosquito over the past 30 days.
- Treats and controls hookworms, which can infect people, too.
Revolution (for cats or dogs):
- Kills adult fleas and flea eggs.
- Kills american dog ticks.
- Contains heartworm preventative.
- Controls and treats roundworms and ear mites.
- Approved for use on cats at least 8 weeks old, or dogs at least 6 weeks old.
Current product deals 1/1/2019
Heartgard Plus - buy 12 doses, get $12 rebate in mail
Buy 12 Heartgard Plus + 6 Nexgard - get a $12 rebate & 1 free dose of Nexgard
Buy 12 Heartgard Plus + 6 Frontline Gold - get a $12 rebate & 2 free doses Frontline Gold
Buy 12 Heartgard Plus + 12 Frontline Gold - get a $50 rebate in mail
Buy 12 Heartgard Plus + 12 Nexgard - get a $50 rebate in mail
Frontline Gold - buy 6, get 2 FREE
Frontline Gold - buy 3, get 1 FREE
Nexgard - buy 6, get 1 FREE
Revolution - earn rewards from Zoetis based on how many doses you purchase -- go to zoetispetcarerewards.com for details